Via Equitable Growth:
As all of you know by now, I am a big fan of Tim Duy of the University of Oregon and his Fed Watch. Here is a sample–ten very useful and informative takes from the past half-year or so:
- Another Kocherlakota Dissent – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
- FOMC Recap – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
- FOMC Meeting – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
- The Labor Market Conditions Index: Use With Care – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
- Is There a Wage Growth Puzzle? – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
- Fisher on Wages – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
- QEInfinity Not – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
- Inflation Hysteria – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
- Policy Induced Mediocrity? – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
- Dudley Revisits Exit Strategy – Tim Duy’s Fed Watch
Always judicious, always giving a fair shake to all the currents of thought in the Federal Reserve, to the data, and to the live and serious models of how the economy works.
Read Tim Duy, and you have a sophisticated, broad, and truly balanced understanding of what the Federal Reserve is thinking, what it is doing, why it is doing it, and what the likely outcomes of its actions are. That is a package that is very hard to find anyplace else.
It still surprises me that Tim Duy does not get significantly more airplay in the general conversational mix than he does…